The general minimum entry requirements into a Bachelor’s Degree Programme are as follows:
A Senior High School Certificate/Senior Secondary School/other equivalent pre-university qualifications from government schools (with a period of at least 12 years of study from primary to higher secondary) [ Details CLICK HERE ] ;
General Certificate of Education (GCE) ‘A’ Level , Diploma in the related field or other equivalent pre-university examinations;
Other certificates recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above;
Specific requirements based on programmes;
English Language requirements
- A minimum score of 500 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (or TOEFL (IBT) > 59) or;
- An overall band score of 5.5 in IELTS (Academic) or;
- An overall band score of 5.5 in TEEP (UTMSPACE) or;
- An overall band score of 3 in MUET (STPM holder) or;
- Completion of ELS Certified Intensive English Programme (CIEP) Level 107 or higher. For more information about the ELS CIEP, CLICK HERE
- Candidates who had completed their high school from the following countries [CLICK HERE] are exempted from UTM English Requirement.
- Candidates from Indonesia, Brunei and South Thailand (eg: Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala, Songkla, Satun and others provinces whose major population is made up of Malays) are exempted from the UTM English language requirements based on the following conditions: a) Students are required to attend an IELTS/TOEFL Preparation Course conducted by Language Academy in UTM; b) Students must fulfill the minimum English language requirement (IELTS/TOEFL) within 4 semesters of study; and c) Students must submit a copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate to Student Recruitment & Admission Division, Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic & International) within 4 semesters of study.
- Candidates from International Schools, A-Level and International Baccalaureate qualifications are exempted from the UTM English language requirement.
- Students who are unable to submit IELTS/TOEFL certificate are required to attend either Intensive English Programme (IEP) conducted by UTM Language Academy and pass IELTS with minimum Band 5.5 OR Certified Intensive English Programme (CIEP) conducted by ELS Language Center and pass level 107 or higher.
Passed the UTM interview (if applicable)